Trauma Informed LA’s subcommittees function as work groups, and work closely with the Steering Committee to ensure that work plans, activities, and goals are aligned with the TILA’s mission and vision.
Trauma Informed LA Subcommittees and Guidelines:
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SUBCOMMITTEE
- Engages the community to advocate for trauma informed care and resilience building practices that mitigate trauma
- Develops relationships and collaborates with key community partners and organizations to assess and develop programming
- Strategic outreach for TILA programs, initiatives, and events
- Supports any community initiatives that dovetail with the mission of TILA
- Develops a social media messaging campaign (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to educate and raise awareness
- Responsible for editing literature for external communication to ensure alignment with the Core Principles
- Creates content, designs, and sends a bi-monthly newsletter to the TILA listserv
- Curates content regarding trauma informed policies and practices being done by organizations in the community and shares through blogs and posts on various platforms
If you are interested in joining one of our subcommittees, please fill out our New Member Form below:
Check out our subcommittee meeting schedule here.