RAMONA MERCHAN, DSW, MSW, LCSW (she/her/ella) is a native Angelino with over 20 years of experience in public social services and child welfare in Los Angeles County. Ramona is an experienced trainer, coach, advocate, and leader. Ramona is passionate about assisting vulnerable and marginalized communities. She believes the values of equity, cultural responsiveness, and trauma-informed care belongs at the center of all engagement.
Ramona served as one of the program managers for the California Partners for Permanency (CAPP) grant which sought to address the disproportionately and disparity of African American and Native American children and youth in the child welfare system in California.
Ramona continues to champion work in this area and achieve equity for these vulnerable populations. Ramona currently works on program development and is currently working on Family First implementation to strengthen prevention services for children, youth, and families in Los Angeles County to reimagine child welfare to a system of well-being.
Ramona earned her MSW and DSW from USC. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of California and a current DMH-UCLA Early Childhood Fellow. Ramona currently serves as the Executive Director for Trauma Informed LA. Ramona has lectured and trained on various topics in the areas of child welfare, racial equity, leadership, and trauma.
Presentation Topics include:
· Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
· Trauma Informed Care
· Racial Healing
· Transgenerational Trauma & Healing
· Culturally Responsive Trauma Informed Care
· Organizational DEI – Courageous Conversations
· Trauma Informed Healing from Transgenerational Trauma
· Child Protection and Prevention – Transforming Child Welfare
· Racial Equity in Child Welfare
· Restorative Justice for System Impacted Youth
· Understanding and Addressing Implicit Bias, Microaggressions, and Dismantling White Fragility
· Compassion Fatigue & Secondary and Vicarious Trauma
· Community Care & Creating Brave Spaces
· Trauma Informed Lawyering
· Trauma Informed Interviewing
· Executive Coaching
· Maternal Mental Health, Trauma, and Healing